Destin, Florida has become world-renowned for its sugar-white beaches and Emerald green waters. Affectionately known as the “World’s Luckiest Fishing Village”, Destin is also a mecca for all types of inshore and offshore fishing along the coast. The Panhandle has grown with popularity with shopping, tourist attractions, and decadent restaurants.
Although the temperatures dip during the winter months, Destin is still a wonderful place to visit all year. Thousands of “snowbirds” (winter residents typically from up North) make the Emerald Coast their home during the cooler months. These winter guests have economically favored our community by renting lodging, dining out and enjoying various activities like golfing, fishing and more!
A major perk for Destin travel during the winter are fewer people! The crowds are fewer allowing people to drive without traffic, park without paying, dinner without reservations and lower fees for activities. Pelican Adventures has been operating on Destin Harbor for over 20 years and is open year-round with the pleasure to see and meet these guests annually. We have compiled a bucket list for visitors in Destin when the tourist season is technically closed.
- Take a walk on the beach. Yes, it’s cold but bring some blankets and a book to read after getting your toes in the sand. The tranquility of the birds and few beachcombers will be serene. The off-season is best for scouting out seashells too so bring a bag to collect your souvenirs!
- Plan a dolphin/ sunset cruise one afternoon. Pelican Adventures has several boats that may be reserved that include a captain to navigate your tour. Depending on your passenger size there are different prices for every group. Bring your camera to capture the memories along with some snacks for a boat picnic and toast!
- Try your luck with golfing. The Emerald Coast is full of beautiful golf courses and reduced green fees this time of year. Many golf pros offer private lessons as well as tournaments that are easier to schedule with slower business in the Winter.
- Take a progressive dinner on the Destin Harbor. Start at any of the fabulous restaurants for drinks and appetizers, the second spot share entrees, moving to the third for desserts and ending with music and dancing. The Harborwalk is a great place to culminate the evening!
- Book a fishing trip. Spend the day fishing for a fun day on the water while catching dinner! Pelican Adventures offers all types of fishing from inshore to offshore for every budget and taste. Make memories at sea to last a lifetime.
- Shop for your favorite souvenir whether its art, clothing or beachy flair. The Emerald Coast has several shopping complexes with large department stores as well as local boutiques. Be sure to check out the artwork and invest in some of Destin to take home with you!
- Parasail Destin with a friend or spouse! Pelican Adventures offers parasailing year-round and you won’t get wet. Bundle up and enjoy 50% off the 2nd flier and get the best view of the beach parasailing.
Pelican Adventures in Destin, Florida is your one-stop to fun on the water. We are happy to help with other things to do as well – we KNOW the beach! Give us a call (850) 650-3825 and let us help you plan your winter vacation in Destin.