Parasailing is fun and safe for all ages and a must do for your Destin vacation plans! Pelican Adventures is located on the Destin Harbor, we are family owned and operating in our 20th year.
Parasailing in Destin, Florida is ideal as the Gulf of Mexico is more protected and Pelican Adventures is centrally located and able to fly in the Choctawahatchee Bay as an alternative location when offshore weather conditions are unfavorable. We’ve compiled a list of frequently asked questions to make your parasailing experience in Destin the best ever!
1. Is parasailing safe? Yes, and at Pelican Adventures, we work hard to make something that’s already relatively safe, even safer. Here’s how:
- We’re paying attention. Always.
- We exceed industry standards in safety and proud members of the (WSIA) Water Sports Industry Association
- Our equipment is replaced new as-needed and always before the manufacturer’s recommended replace date. All equipment is fully certified and insured.
- Our boats are U.S. Coast Guard Inspected and maintained by a prior Coast Guardsman.
- Our captains are U.S. Coast Guard licensed, CPR certiﬁed with years of experience and continued education.
2. Will I get wet? Do you want to get wet? It is your choice! Just let the captain know before he puts you in the air.
3. What’s the age limit? You must be at least six years old to parasail with Pelican Adventures.
4. How many people can parasail at a time? Pelican Adventures offers parasailing up to 3 people at a time depending on weight of the riders.
5. Are there weight restrictions? Yes, all children must weigh at least 50 pounds. Weather plays a part in how much weight needs to be in the parachute, but a general rule is 90 pounds minimum and 550 maximum.
6. Can I bring my own camera? Absolutely! Use yours, or take advantage of our photo package for other great shots. Just FYI, our camera has a polarized ﬁlter that reduces glare and might give you a clearer pic of your adventure, but you’re absolutely welcome to snap your own, too. Pelican Adventures offers a photo package starting at $25 and our mate will photograph your excursion and give your images on an SD card for you to take as a souvenir from your parasailing experience!
7. How high will we ﬂy? Pretty darn high. We let out 800 feet of line, which gets you up there about 500 feet. That’s as high as the law of the land will let you go.
8. What should we bring with us on the boat? Nothing but yourself really—though if you want sunscreen, sunglasses, a hat or a towel, those are good things to bring aboard. The trip’s about and hour to an hour and a half and we’ve got storage on the boat for whatever you’ll need for that short time.
9. Don’t lie…is this scary? Not even as scary as a roller coaster. It’s pretty relaxing: you take off and come back to the boat from a seated position on the back deck of the boat, and then once you’re in the air the wind will be light and the view will be incredible. Still not convinced? Check out our YouTube video.
10. Where can I view your waivers? You can check out our waivers here to sign and handle ahead of time.
Call (850) 650-3825 or BOOK ONLINE