Destin, Florida is famous for our emerald green waters washing ashore our pristine white sandy beaches. There is no better way to experience the Emerald Coast than underwater snorkeling Destin’s clear blue-green water and shelling along the beach for the perfect seashell souvenirs. Pelican Adventures is family owned and operating our 20th year on the Destin Harbor.
Snorkeling FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
- Do I need a license or experience to snorkel Destin, Florida? Pelican Adventures Snorkeling & Shelling is fun and safe for all ages and led by a US Coast Guard licensed captain and lifeguard. Snorkeling participants do not require a license or any experience. Our staff will provide full instruction and equipment and assist you throughout the trip.
- What do you need to bring on Snorkeling trip? Be sure to plan for the weather with layered clothing and wearing a swimsuit. Pack along a towel and snacks, light lunch and drinks – Pelican Adventures snorkel boat has a cooler and we provide the ice. Hats, sunglasses and sunscreen are usually a good idea for a day in the sun and bring along a camera to capture your memories! Pelican Adventures has all participants snorkeling with us complete liability waivers; minors will need parent or guardian’s signatures and adults complete for themselves. Please bring an ID if you are paying for the snorkeling trip with a credit card.
Click below to download our waivers:
- Do I need to know how to swim to snorkel? You do not need to be a swimmer as Pelican Adventures‘ lifeguard will be there the whole time to help assist, provide instruction and be on watch keeping everyone safe. Our boats are all US Coast Guard certified with all permits and insurance up to date and verified. We also provide personal flotation devices for all passengers’ safety as well as swim/ beach toys for your entertainment.
- How long is the Snorkeling & Shelling trip? Pelican Adventures offers private snorkeling trips starting at 3 hours and our daily multi-passenger trips are 2 ½ hour duration.
- What is included in the snorkeling excursion? Everything is included in Pelican Adventures‘ Snorkeling & Shelling Excursion. Fully sanitized mask, snorkel and flippers are provided for all participants as well as life vest and beach/ water toys. We will provide the ice and community cooler for you to store your drinks and food for the trip. Full instruction and assist by licensed and certified Captain and crew.
- Where is the best snorkeling in Destin, Florida? Pelican Adventures visits two snorkel locations on our daily Snorkeling & Shelling Excursions. We are located on the Destin Harbor allowing a brief dolphin Harbor cruise out to two spots: first the East Jetties along the East Pass in Destin and secondly adjacent to Crab Island near the grass flats. The jetties are great for swimming and observing fish and other swimming sea life while exploring the emerald waters and enjoying the nearby white sandy beaches at Noriega Point. The grass flats are great for discovering crabs and beautiful seashells to make the perfect souvenir from your Destin vacation.
- Why are the snorkel tours departing at different times daily in Destin? Pelican Adventures schedules snorkeling tours around Destin incoming and outgoing tides to offer the best visibility and overall experience for snorkeling.
- What types of fish and sea-life can we see snorkeling Destin? Snorkeling the emerald green clear waters along the coast are fun and safe for all ages and experience levels. The grass flats in Choctawhatchee Bay are a natural nursery for our juvenile fresh, brackish and salt water fish species. For the patient snorkeler, your reward may include the elusive Gulf Seahorse. Also, crab, turtle, baby stingray, dolphin and manatee visit the sea grasses
- How many people are on the snorkeling excursion? Pelican Adventures offers a multi-passenger snorkeling trip with up to 30 passengers and we also offer private snorkeling trips.
Call (850) 650-3802 for more information and to schedule your Snorkeling Adventure!